Monday, May 14, 2007

Hair gel

this is a story written by My best friend and i during my last year in maryland

SG-1 and its teen counterparts stood on the ramp to the Stargate, waiting for the dialing sequence –
Aisha: Wait, we can’t do that, because then when the dialing sequence finishes, it swooshes out and kills us!
Robin: You’re right, bad idea. Let’s start over.
SG-1 and its teen counterparts stood in the equipment room, waiting for the dialing sequence to finish. Suddenly Robin looked up. "Colonel, I just remembered something!"
"What?" Jack turned to her.
"I just remembered, I forgot –"
The door opened and the captain stuck his head in. "Sir, the last chevron is engaging."
Jack stared at him.
"You can go thru now, sir," the captain added with a sigh.
"Oh! Thank you!" Jack turned around. "Ready, team?"
"But Jack, I just remembered –"
A loud crash interrupted her. Jack whirled around to where Aisha was staring at the floor guiltily.
"Aisha!" he yelped, seeing the cylinder that lay on the floor. "Don’t do that!"
"I wasn’t trying to," Aisha retorted. "I tripped!"
"You trip on that, and it opens up, and it goes BOOM! And no more SG-1. I’m not even sure if there’s a MOUNTAIN after that!"
Robin looked back and forth between her commander and best friend. "Um, sir, I –"
The captain popped his head back in. "Excuse me, colonel, we’re waiting," he droned.
Jack mopped his forehead. "Yes, yes, we’re coming," he grumbled. "Aisha, put that back, and don’t touch anything, don’t look at anything, for Pete’s sake don’t trip over anything!"
"Yes sir," Aisha responded.
"Now, let’s move!" Jack walked out the door, turned around, and bumped into Robin. "By the way, what was it you were trying to ask me?" he asked. Robin stared for a minute. "I don’t remember," she confessed. Jack sighed. "Okay, now we can go."
Two minutes later, the team stood alongside the wall of the Gate room as the iris slid open and the blue substance whooshed forward.
Robin: Is whoosh a technical term?
"Alright team, we’re going thru," Jack hollered, waving them up the ramp. Teal’c walked up the ramp and stepped thru, followed by Daniel, then Sam, and finally Aisha. Jack followed them, Robin on his heels.
He placed one foot in the gate and felt the tingly sensation of gating, when all of a sudden something grabbed his arm and pulled him back to reality and the gateroom. He stared in shock at Robin, who was holding on to his arm for dear life.
"What?" he demanded disoriented.
"I just remembered," she offered weakly. "I forgot my hair gel!"

1 comment:

little wife said...

ok,that was stinkin awesome! where are there more of these?